Most of us may agree with the fact that wood floors are legit. They have the beauty that we could only see in most traditional houses or conservative architectural wonders. That being said, keeping them well-maintained and all cleared up is an essential task that homeowners like us should always keep in mind.
Good thing is most vacuum cleaners in the market provide us just the right solution to this conundrum. The only thing that we have to figure out is how to pick the right ones. This starts with asking what makes a wood floor vacuum varied from the regular ones.
Wood Floor Vacuums vis-a-vis Typical Vacuums
Many of us may be familiar with vacuums but only a few may recognize the difference between the typical ones and the ones that are specifically made for wood floors. Vacuums that are made for hardwood surfaces are much simpler than ordinary ones. They are trimmed of abrasive and rough elements such as beater brushes and scrubs.
More often than not, they are also comprised of compact and lightweight materials such as stainless steel, rubber, and plastic. This makes them handy and easy to use.
Typical Types of Wood Floor Vacuums
The adage that there are many fish in the sea may be quite debatable. However, the inkling there are a multitude wood floor vacuum options in our local home depots and departments stores, and online, is indeed true. Here are some typical ones:
- Canister Vacuums. Sleek and slim vacuum that are good for wooden floors with small floor areas (e.g. staircases and walk-in-closets).
- Handheld Vacuums. These lightweight and portable devices are easy to maneuver and perfect for getting to those hard to reach places on your floor.
- Full-sized Models. Composite machines that are comprised of a suction, a plastic bag, and a filter. These models are good for large houses, offices, and assembly areas.
- Pet Vacuum Cleaners. Vacuum cleaners that are specifically made for cleaning pet hair or other fine and small materials. They are good for small houses or pads.
- Robotic Vacuum Cleaner. A type of vacuum cleaner that comes with automated features. It may also work on surfaces other than wood. A convenient choice but a hefty price to pay.
Looking at Price Tags
The prices of vacuums for wood floors does not differ much with the prices of ordinary vacuum cleaners. A canister type vacuum cleaner would usually cost around 65.00 USD to 250.00 USD. Full-sized models are available at around 550.00 USD-850.00 USD, pet vacuums at around 40.00 USD-150.00 USD, and robotic vacuums at around 600.00 USD-2200.00 USD.
These prices however still depend on different factors such as brand/manufacturer, product distributor, and such.
A Few Quick Tips
To cap everything off, here are some quick tips from Home Floor Experts that you may want to remember before buying a vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors:
- Check whether you have an old vacuum cleaner that you could modify and refurbish, or not. If you were resourceful enough, you may actually save some cash.
- Always look at different shops. Weigh the prices and the quality of the products that they sell before making any purchase.
- Whenever in doubt, always ask a professional. Some wood materials does not work well with certain fluids or metals. It is best to work this with your architect or carpenter.
For more great cleaning tips, make sure to follow them on Facebook to get the latest updates.